Neighbors: 2nd fire in two months at Yakima home

Neighbors: 2nd fire in two months at Yakima home »Play Video
Photo by Sarah Navoy, Action News

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A Yakima home caught fire Thursday morning around 10:00. Investigators say a pellet stove malfunction is to blame

Nobody was hurt in the fire.

Neighbors said this is the second time the home has caught fire in the last few months. The Yakima Fire Department said the stove caught fire in December. They also responded to the home once in 2008.

"I started banging on doors and windows," said witness, Gabriel Morales. "I really didn't see or hear anything. Apparently she wasn't at her house. Thankfully. If not, it could have been worse."

The exterior of the home sustained the most damage.

Damage to the home is estimated at $50,000.