Investigators believe candle started fire that killed 3-year-old

Investigators believe candle started fire that killed 3-year-old »Play Video
MGN Online image
LIND, Wash. -- Investigators said a candle placed on a dresser is likely the source of a fire that killed a 3-year-old Lind girl.

They believe the candle was left burning in an upstairs room and spread to the diapers and clothes nearby.

The child had been napping alone when her parents discovered the flames in their Adams County home.

The mom was unable to reach her daughter.

Officials said the home had no smoke detectors.