Fire scorches Prosser apartment complex

Fire scorches Prosser apartment complex
PROSSER, Wash. -- An early morning fire leaves a dozen families without a home. It happened in Prosser, at the Prosser Garden Apartments at 900 Alexander Court.

Witnesses say the fire started in an attic just before 4:00AM.

Everyone was evacuated and one person was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

Firefighters managed to put the blaze out in two hours, but not before several apartments suffered damage.

People displaced by the fire are now staying with the Red Cross.