Electrical fire damages Yakima car wash

Electrical fire damages Yakima car wash
A car wash on Nob Hill Boulevard in Yakima caught fire Friday afternoon after an electrical problem. (Courtesy: Sonya Bender Pritchard)
YAKIMA, Wash. -- Firefighters say a Yakima car wash will be closed for an undetermined amount of time after a Friday afternoon fire.

The fire began just after 2 p.m. in the 900 block of West Nob Hill Boulevard. Officials say a witness smelled smoke while at an espresso stand nearby and called 911.

Firefighters say the fire started in a mechanical room.

According to the Yakima Fire Department, the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.

Damage from the fire has been estimated at $250,000.