Cigarette butt sparks fire in Randall Park

Cigarette butt sparks fire in Randall Park »Play Video
Hot and dry conditions fanned a fire at Yakima's Randall Park Saturday afternoon. Police say a cigarette butt caused the fire. (Photo courtesy of viewer Patrick Galloway)
YAKIMA, Wash. -- Hot and dry conditions quickly fanned flames through part of Randall Park Saturday afternoon.

Viewer Patrick Galloway sent us video of the fire at the Yakima park.

Police say a cigarette butt is to blame for the fire.

Two juveniles were questioned after they called 911 to report the fire. Officers say one of them accidentally dropped the butt and tried to put it out, but the fire spread too fast.

They were not cited for the fire, but they were ticketed for having an illegal firework.